Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Window to the World

Furniture for Window to the World, Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University


I recently installed a range of tables and stools made in oak from an Oxford University estate at the Blavatnik School of Government (opposite Oxford University Press in Walton Street, Oxford). The furniture occupies a central, informal meeting space known as “Window to the World”. 


I worked closely with the clients and the architects, Herzog & de Meuron, of the new school to develop a range of designs befitting of the social function of the space (people mustn't linger for too long in that particular space, which is intended for brief meetings). The designs also had to speak the same visual language of the interior.



During my open days for Oxfordshire Artweeks I will have on view, at my workshop, a collection of ½ scale models, mock ups and photos illustrating the evolutionary stages of the design process.







2 comments:

  1. Well, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Im positive that it will be very popular. It has good and valuable content which is very rare these days. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks...
    bespoke lounge furniture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Awesome post along with beautiful pictures of windows and doors...These are perfect for a house...I liked it...Thank you too much....... aluminium doors

    ReplyDelete