Friday, February 13, 2015

Forest to Furniture: Ideas in the Making at the River Rowing Museum


Tomorrow morning, Saturday 14 February, is the start of my exhibition Forest to Furniture: Ideas in the Making at the River Rowing Museum, Henley on Thames.
The exhibition will run until 7 June and I hope you will be able to visit.

Forest to Furniture: Ideas in the Making examines the relationship between art, craft, design and the creative process through my work. Forest to Furniture showcases the development of my furniture over forty years and my sustainable approach to using timber from local woodlands and managed forests.
Ideas in the Making demonstrates the creative process. Using locally sourced wood, I display a series of experiments, exploring the relationship between art, craft and design to reveal the potential of form and surface.

I will offer “guided tours “on a regular basis. This month I will be at the museum to give an introduction and Q&A session on Friday 27th @ 3 pm and Saturday 28th February @ 10.30 am.
There are limited places available for the tours so please advise me if you are coming, preferably by email furniture@philipkoomen.co.uk.
I will update you with dates for the March guided tours nearer the time.

If you do visit the museum, I hope you will enjoy the exhibition (feedback welcome!).

No comments:

Post a Comment